Not garden things this week, plus I’m a day late, so I won’t link to the usual Six on Saturday host.
Six food items I bought yesterday, and what I did with them:
1. Strawberries. Washed and eaten plain.
2. Baby lettuce. Salad.
3. Four pounds of rhubarb, washed, chopped, turned into compote and frozen.
4. Swiss chard, washed and steamed in the water that remained on its leaves.
5. Ginger root. Some went in the rhubarb compote, and I chopped the rest fine, put it in a jar, and poured sherry over it for future use. And had a glass of sherry while I was at it.
6. Sliced turkey. Went with the salad.
Items 1-4 were from the local farmers’ market, and 5-6 were from Trader Joe’s. I walked to do these errands. I was so under-slept that I didn’t want to get behind the wheel of a car. The day was sunny and warm, but not too hot or humid. I was in the sort of state where I’m fine if I keep moving, but intellectual activity isn’t happening, so I stuck with laundry, cooking (made a stir-fry for Sir John), and a bit of gardening.
Finally I’ve caught up on sleep, though my hours are still skewed very late (by my standards: admirably early by Sir John’s!). I’ll see what I can do about that, this week.