Last week, purples predominated. Now for red!
1. Barberry. We saw one of these last week. My garden has a total of four barberry bushes. Most of the largest one died last winter, so I have cut it back severely, and still have one large branch with a few red berries to cut up and put out with the yard waste pickup (for communal composting/mulching, as appropriate; I don’t have enough space for my own compost heap).
2. Pansies, overlapping with the barberry in one of the pictures above.
3. Unknown: miniature Japanese maple? Plus some snapdragons.
4. Roses, just coming into bud.
5. Clematis. More red-violet than red.
6. Coleus? From a pre-planted bowl I bought.
Six on Saturday is hosted here: https://thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com/